Monday, September 1, 2014

Remembering

photo  phbcatalyst.com


I grew up going to Miami Beach every winter to get away from the cold Chicago air. My parents enrolled me in the local school for four months a year and we lived in the warm weather.  You could do that in those days.

I followed up by going to the University of Miami where I met my husband and got married at the Roney Plaza Hotel oh so many years ago. 

The Fontainbleu Hotel, The Sans Souci and the Roney Plaza hold lots of great memories for me.
Miami Beach will always have a very special place in my heart.

It went through a slump a few years ago,  but I understand it is rebounding vigorously so I can't wait to go back and visit again.

No visit was complete without a stop at Joe's Stone Crab

photo miamipopmedia.com

Also Wolfie's delicatessen where I loved to eat the sour pickles piled high in bowls on the table.


Alas, those days are gone but surely there are new places to build memories.

It is no wonder I fell in love with these plates called Miami Beach back in the 1980's.  As I am moving soon, I am going to part with some of the many sets of dinnerware I have collected over the years.  Just click on the link below for details.

Miami Beach plates-SWID POWELL 1980's


I had a lovely trip down memory lane writing todays blog, I hope you enjoyed it too.

Audrey



No comments:

Post a Comment