Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cake Decorating

I don't know how much fun you had today but I had tons of it.  I took a cake decorating class and loved every minute of it.


Okay, it's Dallas not Paris but nonetheless it was fabulous.  Of course being Dallas, you don't ever have to park your own car or carry anything out to your car.  I love it here.


There were about 30 of us and we each started out the same but when we left each cake was our own creation.  We started with a cake that had been frozen as it is easier to frost.  I did not know that.


We put on a crumb icing and then a glaze.


Then we used our imagination and our skill to decorate the cake. I learned to make a shell border, never having done it before.


Here is the finished cake.  After a couple of tries I could not make very pretty flowers so it is a pretty simple cake. I need to take another class.


If you are interested in cake baking and decorating I chose a few books you might be interested in.





I thought these paper napkins would look great next to one of these gorgeous cakes.




Simply the best cake baking book ever.



A beautiful cake stand to put your creation on.



Enjoy and Bon Appetit

A Bientôt

Audrey



No comments:

Post a Comment